North Carolina - January 2007
Marshall NC Courthouse
The Madison County Courthouse, constructed in 1906, is a two story Neo-Classical Revival brick structure in the heart of Marshall. <br><br>The cupola, or a dome, esp. one covering a circular or polygonal area, is one of the most impressive courthouse cupolas in North Carolina. The domical roof, bearing clocks on its alternate faces, is capped by a lantern which serves as a pedestal for a statue of Blind Justice.<br><br> This courthouse was built by the famed architect, Richard Sharp Smith.